Siegfried Increases Distribution and Appoints Two New Board Members
Siegfried Holding AG’s shareholders approved the increase in the distribution to shareholders in the form of a nominal value repayment from share capital from 3.00 to 3.20 Swiss francs per registered share. Dr. Alexandra Brand and Dr. Beat Walti were newly elected to the Board of Directors of Siegfried Holding AG. With the exception of the increase in authorized capital, the Annual General Meeting approved all proposals of the Board of Directors.
The 119th Annual General Meeting of the Company held in the Stadtsaal Zofingen was attended by around 200 shareholders representing 63.8% of the share capital. The Shareholders’ Meeting passed the following resolutions:
- The annual report, the annual financial statements and the consolidated financial statements for the 2021 financial year were approved.
- The proposal for the appropriation of retained earnings and the capital reduction by repayment of the nominal value of 3.20 Swiss francs per registered share and distribution of the reduction amount to the entitled shareholders (instead of a dividend) was approved. The reduction amount will be paid out to the shareholders on 4 July 2022 following the statutory capital reduction procedure. The payment will be made to the shareholders holding the Siegfried shares on the day preceding payment (Record Date). Hence, shareholders acquiring shares by no later than 29 June 2022 (Cum Date) on the stock exchange are entitled to receive payment.
- The increase and extension of the authorized share capital until April 2024 achieved 59%. As a two-thirds majority would have been required, the proposal was rejected. The authorized share capital as approved at the Annual General Meeting 2021 remains in place.
- The Board of Directors was granted discharge.
- The maximum remuneration of the Board of Directors for the coming term of office, the maximum fixed remuneration of the Executive Committee for the 2023 financial year, the short-term performance-related remuneration for the 2021 financial year, and the long-term performance-related remuneration of the Executive Committee for the current financial year in the form of performance share units were approved.
- The existing members of the Board of Directors – Isabelle Welton, Colin Bond, Prof. Dr. Wolfram Carius, Dr. Andreas Casutt and Dr. Martin Schmid – were reelected for a fur-ther term of office.
- Dr. Alexandra Brand and Dr. Beat Walti were newly elected to the Board of Directors of the Company.
- Dr. Andreas Casutt was confirmed as Chairman of the Board.
- The Remuneration Committee is now composed of Isabelle Welton, Dr. Martin Schmid and Dr. Beat Walti.
- Rolf Freiermuth, attorney-at-law in Zofingen, and PricewaterhouseCoopers AG, Basel, were confirmed as independent voting proxy and external auditors, respectively.