Siegfried increases distribution and appoints new board member
Siegfried Holding AG’s shareholders approved all proposals of the Board of Directors. They approved the increase in the distribution to shareholders in the form of repayment from share capital from 3.20 to 3.40 Swiss francs per registered share. Elodie Cingari was newly elected to the Board of Directors of Siegfried Holding AG.
The 120th Annual General Meeting of the Company held in the Stadtsaal Zofingen was attended by 265 shareholders representing 62.62% of the share capital. The Shareholders’ Meeting passed the following resolutions:
- The annual report, the annual financial statements and the consolidated financial statements for the 2022 financial year were approved.
- The proposal for appropriating the retained earnings and the capital reduction by repayment of the nominal value of 3.40 Swiss francs per registered share and distribution of the reduction amount to the entitled shareholders (instead of a dividend) was approved. The reduction amount will be paid out to the shareholders on 11 May 2023. The payment will be made to the shareholders holding the Siegfried shares on the day preceding payment (Record Date). Hence, shareholders acquiring shares by no later than 8 May 2023 (Cum Date) on the stock exchange are entitled to receive payment.
- The introduction of a capital band to increase the share capital by a maximum of 10% with a maximum term until 20 April 2028 was approved.
- The Board of Directors was granted discharge.
- The remuneration report for the 2022 financial year was approved in an advisory vote conducted for the first time. The maximum remuneration of the Board of Directors for the coming term of office, the maximum fixed remuneration of the Executive Committee for the 2024 financial year, the short-term performance-related remuneration for the 2022 financial year, and the long-term performance-related remuneration of the Executive Committee for the current financial year in the form of performance share units were approved.
- The existing members of the Board of Directors – Dr. Alexandra Brand, Isabelle Welton, Prof. Dr. Wolfram Carius, Dr. Andreas Casutt, Dr. Martin Schmid and Dr. Beat Walti – were reelected for a further term of office.
- Elodie Cingari was newly elected to the Board of Directors of the Company
- Dr. Andreas Casutt was confirmed as Chairman of the Board.
- The Remuneration Committee will continue to be composed of Isabelle Welton, Dr. Martin Schmid and Dr. Beat Walti.
- The revision of the Articles of Incorporation in accordance with the adjustments required or permitted by the revised stock corporation law was approved.
- Rolf Freiermuth, attorney-at-law in Zofingen, and PricewaterhouseCoopers AG, Basel, were confirmed as independent voting proxy and external auditors, respectively.
The Siegfried Group is a global life sciences company with sites in Switzerland, Germany, Spain, France, Malta, the USA and China. In 2022, the company achieved sales of 1.229 billion Swiss francs and employed on 31.12.2022 more than 3’600 people at eleven sites on three continents. Siegfried Holding AG is publicly listed on SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SFZN).
Siegfried is active in manufacturing pharmaceutical APIs (and their intermediates) as well as drug products (tablets, capsules, sterile vials, ampoules, cartridges and ointments) for the pharmaceutical industry and provides development services.