In our production facility for active ingredients (APIs) at our Zofingen headquarters, we are regularly seeking to recruit process chemists (Process Managers) for our Product Chemists Team. These professionals are responsible for new introductions and scale-ups of laboratory and pilot plant processes into production, as well as continuous process optimization and troubleshooting in case of production problems affecting the existing product portfolio.
Are you interested in a position as Product Chemist at Siegfried AG in Zofingen? Take a look at our job portal or register in our Talent Pool if there are no open jobs at the moment. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
How we support your career
The three functional levels in the Product Chemists Team are: Assistant Process Manager Production, Process Manager Production and Senior Process Manager Production. With a good performance record and as you gather experience, you can gradually take on more technical responsibility and more complex projects. Participation in cross-departmental improvement projects and the ongoing expansion of our technology portfolio will also offer exciting possibilities for your development. As well as participating regularly in GMP training, you yourself will soon be able to conduct training courses (instruction on processes for chemical and pharmaceutical technicians). In-company career opportunities are also available outside of the Product Chemists Team in areas such as Production, Global Project Management, Quality Assurance, SHE, Supply Chain, Planning and Business Development/Sales. Networking with our other facilities in China, the US, France and Germany will frequently create additional opportunities for you to apply for assignments or vacant positions abroad.
What we offer you
- Overall process responsibility for multiple projects (development projects for new products and support for products with an established process).
- A varied position with a very extensive area of responsibility covering the entire range of synthetic and physical process steps (such as distillation, milling/mixing).
- Through your direct dealings with customers as a contact on technical/specialist issues and your collaboration with numerous other areas, you will have a major influence on the success of production.
- Opportunities to participate in international projects or to undertake assignments abroad at our facilities in China, the US, Germany and France in connection with product and/or tech transfers.
The challenges that await you
We are investing in our Zofingen facility; we have completed several acquisitions around the globe in recent years, and we are pleased to note a constant increase in the numbers of our international customers and manufactured products. At the same time, we have to face shorter times-to-market, stricter regulatory requirements and strong global competition: all these factors directly impact the Product Chemist's role.
- From our cutting-edge production facility at our Zofingen headquarters, we supply our global customer base with exemplary Swiss quality. In your role, we therefore expect you to play an active part in maintaining this quality so as to enhance the competitive edge of the facility and of the Siegfried Group as a whole.
- For many years, Siegfried has undergone FDA audits with “no action indicated” as the result. In your position, you play a leading role in upholding this successful compliance record.
- Key issues for the Product Chemists Team in the coming years will be the introduction of further new products, worldwide acquisitions and related product and technology transfers to the new facilities, as well as new buildings and building closures at the Zofingen site.
What you bring to us
- Qualification from a university of applied sciences, college of technology (e.g. Federal Institute of Technology (ETH)) or university in chemistry, specializing in chemical engineering technology/process technology or organic chemistry.
- Professional experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a GMP environment.
- Well-developed analytical skills, technical interest, entrepreneurial mindset and behavior.
- Assertiveness and persistence in the production environment and in dealings with customers.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written German and English.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Knowledge of SAP ERP is an advantage.