Siegfried Holding AG’s shareholders approved all proposals put forward by the Board of Directors at today’s Annual General Meeting. The shareholders agreed to increase the distribution from capital contribution reserves from 2.40 to 2.60 Swiss francs per registered share. All members of the Board were re-elected. Rudolf Hanko was appointed to the Board of Siegfried Holding AG as a new member. The shareholders approved the remuneration of the members of the Board and of the Executive Committee.
Approximately 250 shareholders joined the company’s 116th Annual General Meeting of shareholders held at the Zofingen Town Hall representing 58 percent of share capital. They adopted the following resolutions:
- The annual report, the annual financial statements, and the consolidated financial statements for the 2018 financial year were approved. The Board of Directors was granted discharge.
- The appropriation of retained earnings to free reserves and the increased distribution to shareholders from capital contribution reserves of CHF 2.60 per entitled registered share was approved.
- The ordinary increase of the company’s share capital by way of increase of the nominal value of the shares as well as the creation of conditional and authorized share capital amounting to 215'000 shares each was approved. The increase of the nominal value of the shares by converting capital contribution reserves will be carried out without issuing new shares and thus without dilution.
- Approval was given to the proposals concerning maximum remuneration of the Board of Directors until the next general meeting: the fixed remuneration of the Executive Committee for the 2020 financial year, the short-term performance-based remuneration for 2018 financial year, and the long-term performance-based remuneration of the Executive Committee for the current financial year in the form of performance share units.
- The members of the Board of Directors – Ulla Schmidt, Colin Bond, Wolfram Carius, Andreas Casutt, Reto Garzetti and Martin Schmid – were re-elected for a further term of office.
- Rudolf Hanko was appointed to the Board of Directors as a new member.
- Andreas Casutt was confirmed as Chairman of the Board. The Remuneration Committee, which was elected separately, will continue to consist of Reto Garzetti, Martin Schmid and Ulla Schmidt.
- BDO AG, Aarau, the independent voting proxy, and PricewaterhouseCoopers AG, Basel, the external auditor, were reelected.
» Media Release (PDF)
Peter Gehler, Chief Communications Officer
Tel. +41 62 746 11 48
Mobile +41 79 416 41 16
Siegfried Holding AG
Untere Bruehlstrasse 4
Tel. +41 62 746 11 11
The Siegfried Group is active worldwide in the field of Life Sciences with production facilities located in Switzerland, the USA, Malta, China, Germany and France. At the end of 2018, Siegfried reported annual sales of CHF 794.3 million and employs at the time being approximately 2350 employees at nine locations on three continents. Siegfried Holding AG is listed on the Swiss Exchange (SIX: SFZN).
Siegfried is active in both the primary and secondary production of drugs. The company manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients for the research-based pharmaceutical industry as well as the corresponding intermediates and controlled substances, and provides development and production services for finished dosage forms including aseptic filling.