Project Manager, Chemical Process Development (f/m)
For the Process Development Department within R&D at our Zofingen headquarters, we are regularly seeking to recruit PhD chemists who will join with colleagues in Production and Analytics to take responsibility for developing new processes and optimizing existing processes for the manufacture of APIs and their precursors, which we supply to our customers around the world.
Are you interested in a position as Project Manager, Chemical Process Development at Siegfried AG in Zofingen? Take a look at our job portal or register in our Talent Pool if there are no open jobs at the moment. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
How we support your career
After you have successfully obtained your doctorate, a position as Project Manager, Chemical Process Development with Siegfried offers you an attractive way of starting out in the chemical/pharmaceutical industry with an extensive range of opportunities. If you already have professional experience when you start with us and with a good performance record, you can gradually take on more complex projects as you acquire more experience. Growth in recent years and the enhanced international orientation of the R&D team in Zofingen will result in expansion of the department, thereby creating additional career opportunities. Frequent opportunities for shorter- or longer-term assignments abroad also arise due to networking with our other facilities in Switzerland, China, the US, France, Germany and Malta. Additional exciting possibilities for development are regularly available outside of the process development field in areas such as Project Management or Business Development, as well as management positions in production or in the R&D department itself.
What we offer you
- Project management covering all aspects of the chemical process and disciplinary management of laboratory assistants reporting to you.
- Insights across the entire value chain, from the active ingredient (API) through to galenics, including the technologies required.
- Key role in the successful transfer of new products into commercial production.
- Cutting-edge laboratory and work environment where Process Development collaborates closely with Analytical Development under one roof; close cooperation is also maintained with pilot and production operations.
The challenges that await you
We are investing in our Zofingen facility; we have completed several successful acquisitions around the globe in recent years, and we are pleased to note a constant increase in the numbers of our international customers and products. At the same time, we have to face shorter times-to-market, stricter regulatory requirements and strong global competition. In a process development/project management role at Siegfried, you will help us to manage these challenges.
- New processes for various locations around the globe are developed at the Zofingen R&D facility. As well as flexibility to take on assignments abroad, this requires rapid familiarization with new technologies and plants, the ability to interact easily with different cultures and languages, and effective collaboration with geographically dispersed project teams.
- The company's growth will entail various changes to organization, processes and structures which you can help to shape.
- Especially in process development, we need to expand expertise in order to establish new technologies such as micronization. A high level of interest in technology is therefore essential; this will open up interesting prospects for technical specialization.
What you bring to us
- Doctorate in organic chemistry specializing in synthesis; several semesters abroad would be an advantage.
- Extensive technical knowledge of organic chemistry, process development and scale-up.
- Experience of working in the multigram/kg range in academic or industrial environments (CDMO is an advantage).
- Enthusiastic approach to working in a multidisciplinary team and solving complex chemical problems.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of common analytical quality control methods and literature databases.
- Very good command of German and English.