Do you have a qualification from a university or a university of applied sciences in chemistry, pharmaceutical science, life sciences, food technology or biochemistry, with a focus on analytics? Are you looking for an extensive range of activities related to the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients for an innovative Swiss contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with a successful global growth strategy and nine facilities worldwide? Do you value timely, cascaded communication and feel at ease in an international environment where quality and compliance are top priorities? If so, then register in our Talent Pool!
For the production facility at our headquarters in Zofingen, we regularly require Analytics Project Managers in the Analytics Department within R&D. These professionals ensure the exemplary quality and usability of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and intermediates for our global customer base.
What we offer you
- Far-reaching insights and hands-on experience in all areas of active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacture, from the development of processes and methods through to registration.
- Responsibility for all analytical aspects of multiple development projects and commercial products across their entire life cycle (excluding drug discovery), through to commercial production.
- Collaboration with Chemical Process Development, Business Development / Sales, Production, Quality Assurance, Registration and Purchasing, as well as interfacing with customers and regulatory authorities, as required.
- Opportunities for project-based collaboration with our facilities in China, the US, Germany and France in connection with tech transfers.
- A modern, state-of-the-art workplace, fitted with all the technologies and equipment required to analyze active pharmaceutical ingredients.
What you bring to us
- Masters/PhD in chemistry / pharmaceutical science / life sciences / food technology / biochemistry with the focus on analytics.
- Professional experience in pharmaceutical/industrial analytics, preferably in a GMP environment.
- Knowledge of how to apply chromatographic, spectroscopic and wet-chemical analysis methods.
- Project management experience.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Stylistically assured knowledge of spoken and written German as well as English.
How we support your career
After you have successfully completed your studies, a position as Analytics Project Manager with Siegfried offers you an attractive way of starting out in the chemical/pharmaceutical industry with an extensive range of opportunities. If you already have professional experience when you start with us and your performance is good enough, you can gradually take on additional technical or management responsibilities as you acquire more experience.
Participation in cross-departmental improvement projects and the ongoing expansion of our technology portfolio will also generate exciting possibilities for your development. Furthermore, in-company career opportunities are available outside of our Analytical Development department: possible areas include Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Registration and global project management for new projects. Networking with our other facilities in China, the US, France and Germany will also create opportunities for you to apply for shorter- or longer-term assignments or vacant positions abroad.
The challenges that await you
No raw materials are used in production and no goods leave Siegfried without conclusive analytics. This means that several activities play relevant parts in ensuring the success of the department – and, therefore, of the entire company:
- Development and validation of robust and efficient analytical methods.
- Prompt completion of analyses (efficiency and resources) in order to prevent production stoppages as well as meet delivery deadlines and fulfill undertakings to customers.
- Quality: all work must be undertaken in compliance with in-company standards, customers' requirements and official regulations. It is essential that all employees display appropriate attitudes (in terms of ethics and values) to ensure that quality is maintained and errors are dealt with openly.
- Knowledge, technical portfolio: all the techniques required to analyze active pharmaceutical ingredients are available at Drug Substance Analytics in Zofingen. For each of these techniques, adequate numbers of technical experts must be available
to handle more complex tasks and troubleshooting related to the techniques.
- Interaction, communication: the Analytics Department interfaces with numerous activities and entities. Within the company, employees down to laboratory assistant level are therefore required to cooperate and communicate across departmental boundaries. At project manager level, this also includes external interfacing with customers and, in some cases, authorities.
- An additional challenge will be posed by the introduction of a new Laboratory Information and Management System (LIMS, the backbone of analytics): rollout is scheduled for 2018. If you are recruited, we shall also count on your support during the implementation phase of this project.
Perhaps you are interested in a position as Project Manager, Analytics with Siegfried, but no position of this sort is advertised at present? In this case, please register in our Talent Pool and upload your resume. If we have a suitable vacancy that matches your profile, we shall contact you.